As a blast of cold air hits the state, many Floridians may use heating equipment to stay warm. When heating devices are used improperly, they can be extremely dangerous and pose a serious fire hazard. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), heating equipment is the leading cause of home fire deaths. Luckily, there are some simple steps you can do to prevent heating equipment related fire from happening, as advised by the NFPA.
- Keep flammable items at least three feet away from all heating equipment including furnaces, stoves, fireplaces, or portable space heaters.
- Do not use your oven to heat your home.
- Always have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment and have them inspect it once a year.
- Turn your portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to sleep.
- Test your smoke alarms monthly by pressing their test button.
For more information and safety tips on heating equipment, click here
Thank you for visiting our blog
. Hopefully, you came away with some great home insurance and safety tips. Florida Peninsula Insurance Company
is one of Florida's leading homeowners insurance companies, insuring more than 130,000 home located in cities like Panama City, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Fort Myers, and Tallahassee. We strive to provide Florida homeowners with fast, fair, friendly service insuring their homes at competitive rates.
Currently rated by 0 people