According to the Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention at the Centers for Disease Control, an adult dies from a heart attack, stroke, or related disease every 39 seconds. High blood pressure and cholesterol are two of the biggest risk factors for these and other cardiovascular diseases.
Approximately 800,000 adults lose their lives to heart disease each year, 150,000 of them are younger than age 65. Nearly 68 million adults in the U.S. have high blood pressure and 71 million have high LDL cholesterol. You can take steps to minimize your risk. Click here to learn how to prevent high blood pressure and cholesterol and how to keep it under control.
At least 200,000 deaths from heart disease and stroke each year may be preventable through education and lifestyle changes. It is crucial to develop heart-healthy habits to improve your heart health and overall wellbeing. Following the guidelines below could extend your life or the life of a loved one:
- Healthy Eating- Eat a heart-healthy diet with more fruits and vegetables and less sodium and trans fat. Click here for heart-healthy recipes.
- Physical Activity- Walk at least 10 minutes, 3 times a day, 5 days a week. Click here for recommended physical activity guidelines based on your age.
- Stress Management- Learn healthy ways to cope with stress and recognize when you may need professional help.
- Visit your physician to check your blood pressure and cholesterol levels, as there are no warning signs or symptoms.
- If you are a smoker, seek help and quit.
Thank you for visiting our blog
. Hopefully, you came away with some great home insurance and safety tips. Florida Peninsula Insurance Company
is one of Florida's leading homeowners insurance companies, insuring more than 130,000 homes located in cities like Panama City, Orlando, West Palm Beach, Fort Myers and Tallahassee. We strive to provide Florida homeowners with fast, fair, friendly service insuring their homes at competitive rates.
Currently rated by 0 people