Creating a home inventory will come in handy when you need to file an insurance claim. When disaster strikes, it can be easy for people to forget what they own, in the midst of all the chaos. In the aftermath of a traumatic situation, most people cannot think clearly. Taking note of your possessions, while you are calm and sound of mind, will help expedite the process with your insurance company. Here are some tips to inventory your belongings:
1. Take a video of your entire home, from the time you walk through the door. Record everything you would want your insurance company to replace. Don't forget the important contents in drawers and cabinets.
2. Keep your receipts and other documents all in one place.
3. Note model and serial numbers of expensive items such as TV's, beds, couches, etc.
4. It is important to add the replacement cost for all the items you own, to make sure you have enough insurance coverage. If you are very close to your maximum coverage limit or go over the amount, you should call your insurance provider to go over your options.
5. Don't forget to make inventory of thing you have outside of your home, such as items in a shed or things attached to your house.
Lastly, you should keep your home inventory in a safe place for easy access. In addition, consider having an electronic copy of your inventory in case your physical copy is damaged in time of need. Florida Peninsula offers a wide range of coverage including increased limits on personal property. Speak to one of our agents today to find what best suits you and your home.
Keeping your family and home safe is job one at Florida Peninsula Insurance Company. We are one of Florida's largest homeowners insurance companies offering multi-peril policies covering homes, condos, and renter's insurance. For more information, please call (877) 229-2244 or visit the get a quote section on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people