Because Halloween is meant to be the scariest holiday of the year, we should also ensure it's one of the safest. This day is dedicated to tricks, treats, costumes and parties. Having a fun and safe holiday will only create the best memories for years to come. Here are some tips you'll need in order to make safety the first priority when it comes to you and your children:
- Costumes should be bright in color reflective in some way. This minimizes the possibility of your little one getting hit by a car, bumped into, or even getting lost in the crowd. It even maximizes the possibility of your child being found, if lost, by being able to give an officer or neighbor a recognizable description of their costume. Saying "he/she is wearing all black and a mask" is very common on this day and could make it nearly impossible to find your child.
- Make sure any props such as a sword, cane or knife are not sharp or too long to avoid injury if your child were to trip or fall.
Lecture, Lecture, Then Lecture Again
- Never allow your children to leave home without going over a few simple rules and emergency plans such as how/when to call 9-1-1 and prioritizing who they should call and when in the when in the event of an emergency.
- Depending on how old they are, establish a curfew and be sure they stick to it if they are going out with another family or a group of friends. Always get the contact information of the person they are going out with in case they miss curfew or you suspect something is not right.
Check, Double Check and Triple Check
- When the children are finally home, check and sort their treats. A good idea is to do this in front of them so they can get a good idea on what "good" and "bad" treats look like. Spoiled, unwrapped or suspicious items should immediately be thrown away. Tip: If you are questioning it, throw it away. It's better to be safe than sorry.
Wishing you a happy, healthy and most importantly, safe Halloween.
Thank you for visiting our blog
. Hopefully, you came away with some great home insurance and safety tips. Keeping your family and home safe is job one at Florida Peninsula Insurance Company
. We are one of Florida's largest home insurance companies offering multi-peril policies covering homes
, and renters
insurance. For more information, or to get a quote
, please call (877) 229-2244.
Currently rated by 0 people