Everyone wants to end the year with a bang, but sometimes it’s best to leave it to the professionals. If you have a passion for at-home fireworks, Florida Peninsula would like to share with you some safety tips to ensure your safety as well as your home’s safety.
Here are some tips according to the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission to keep you safe:
- Never allow young children to play with or ignite fireworks.
- Avoid buying fireworks that are packaged in brown paper because this is often a sign that the fireworks were made for professional displays and that they could pose a danger to consumers
- Always have an adult supervise fireworks activities. Parents don't realize that young children suffer injuries from sparklers. Sparklers burn at temperatures of about 2,000 degrees - hot enough to melt some metals.
- Never place any part of your body directly over a fireworks device when lighting the fuse.
- Always keep a bucket of water in case of a malfunction or fire
Keeping your family and home safe and protected is job one at Florida Peninsula Insurance Company. We are one of Florida’s largest homeowners insurance companies offering multi-peril policies covering homes, condos and contents coverage in the form of renters insurance. For more information or to GET A QUOTE NOW, please call (877) 229-2244.
Currently rated by 0 people