The holiday season is undoubtedly one of the busiest shopping times of the year. As such, purchases made during this busy time of year could expose you to hackers and scammers looking to steal your identity and drain your bank account. Consider the following tips to protect your information, and wallet during this holiday season:
- Purchase items using cash or credit cards to limit the use of your debit card.
- It is much easier for hackers to obtain your information from online purchases. If possible, shop in-store rather than shopping online.
- If you are doing some online shopping, be sure your computer is equipped with antivirus software and firewalls.
- Shred any documents containing personal information, such as your social security number, driver's license number, bills, and bank statements.
- Give yourself the gift of identity theft coverage. Florida Peninsula offers an economical endorsement which can be added to their policies providing assistance if you ever fall victim to identity theft. Speak with your agent to learn more.
We hope you take these tips into consideration to keep your holiday season happy, safe, and stress-free.
As one of Florida's top homeowners insurance companies, our number one priority is the safety of you and your family. Florida Peninsula provides coverage rich homeowners policies, flood protection, and partners with insurance professionals throughout the state who can ensure you have the coverage you need in the event of a loss. If you are in the market for a home insurance quote, give us a call at (877) 229-2244 or visit the get a quote section on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people