At 2:00 a.m. on March 11th, 2018, the clocks will spring forward 1 hour to mark the beginning of Daylight Saving Time. Although it may not seem like much, losing the extra hour of sleep can alter your routine and sleeping patterns. Consider these simple tips to “spring forward” easily into daylight saving time this year:
- Go to bed a little earlier than usual to adjust to the time difference.
- Do not forget to set your alarms, as your body’s clock may be a little off.
- Eat meals at your normal scheduled time to help your body adjust to the time change quicker.
- Cut your caffeine intake in the afternoon and at night to fall asleep earlier.
- Stay alert on the roads, as many drivers will be adjusting to the time change as well. Sleep deprivation can lead to an increase in traffic accidents.
- Use the extra daylight to perform occasional tasks such as changing the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors around the house.
As one of Florida's top homeowners insurance companies, our number one priority is the safety of you and your family. As such, Florida Peninsula provides our policyholders with robust coverage options, as well as offering flood protection and partnering with local insurance professionals throughout the state who can ensure you have the coverages you need. If you are in the market for a homeowners insurance quote, give us a call at (877) 229-2244 or get a quote on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people