Recognized each September, National Preparedness Month serves to remind us to prepare ourselves and our families for disasters. As Floridians, we know the threat of a natural disaster or storm is always a possibility. Would you and your family know what to do in the event of a disaster? Consider these tips and make the most out of National Preparedness Month:
- Sign up for local and state emergency alerts.
- Install or test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Create a home inventory. Click here for some tips to inventory your belongings.
- Review your insurance policy and contact your agent to make any necessary changes to your coverages.
- Don’t forget about flood insurance. Hurricanes and storms bring heavy rains which could cause flooding. Purchase flood insurance to make sure you are covered.
September is also the statistical peak of hurricane season. As we saw last September with Hurricane Irma, it is crucial you take action and prepare for an emergency now. For more information on National Preparedness Month, visit ready.gov. Remember, should catastrophe strike, Florida Peninsula stands ready to assist you.
Thank you for visiting our blog. Florida Peninsula Insurance Company is one of Florida's top homeowners insurance companies. Our cutting-edge technology combined with old-fashioned values enables us to provide outstanding customer service and claims processing. To obtain a free home insurance quote, please call (877) 229-2244 or get a free personalized quote on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people