It has been one year since Hurricane Irma, one of the most powerful Atlantic Hurricanes on record, hit the State of Florida as a category 4 storm. Hurricane Irma left quite a mark on Florida, resulting in billions of dollars in damage and devastation. Here are some startling facts and statistics about the destruction Hurricane Irma caused:
- According to the balance, Hurricane Irma is the fifth most costly Atlantic storm ever recorded, reaching over $50 billion in damages.
- As of June 12, 2018, The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (FLOIR) found there were nearly a million claims filed for damages caused by Hurricane Irma. With estimated insured losses reaching over $9.7 billion.
- Of those claims filed, the FLOIR found 823,733 came from residential property holders. Homeowners claims resulted in 66% of all the claims filed within the state.
- Approximately 90.5% of Irma claims have been closed, with an additional 92,513 claims still open as of June 12, 2018.
- Counties with the highest number of claims filed were: Miami-Dade, Collier, Broward, and Lee. Combined, these reported losses resulted in 38.3% of all the Hurricane Irma claims in Florida.
We hope you learned something new from these Hurricane Irma statistics. It is important you review, and make any changes to your policy as soon as possible, well before a storm threatens our State. As your homeowners carrier of choice, you can rest assured Florida Peninsula stands ready to assist you should another storm like Hurricane Irma hit Florida.
At Florida Peninsula Insurance Company, our number one priority is the safety of you and your family. As such, we provide our insureds with a coverage rich policy, as well as offer flood protection while partnering with insurance professionals throughout the State who can ensure you have the coverage you need. To learn more about Florida Peninsula, please contact us at (877) 229-2244 or visit the Get a Quote section on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people