Halloween may be known to be the spookiest and scariest day of the year, and sometimes it can be for all the wrong reasons. According to Safe Kids Worldwide, twice as many child pedestrians are killed while walking during Halloween night as compared to any other day of the year. We want you to keep your Halloween as scare-free as possible. Here are several steps you can take to keep your family safe this Halloween:
- Look before you cross the street
- Young trick-or-treaters should always be supervised
- Use sidewalks and paths
- Stay in well-lit areas
- Use reflective tape or stickers on costumes and bags to be visible to drivers
- Do not let your child wear a mask, as it can get in the way of their vision
- Make sure the costume fits properly to avoid tripping hazards
- Drive cautiously and slowly
- Eliminate any distractions like cell phones
- Slow down and be alert in residential neighborhoods
- Never drink and drive.
We hope you and your family have a fun and safe Halloween. For more tips on Halloween safety, visit Safe Kids Worldwide.
As one of Florida's top homeowners insurance companies, our number one priority is the safety of you and your family. As such, Florida Peninsula provides our policyholders with robust coverage options, as well as offering flood protection and partnering with local insurance professionals throughout the state who can ensure you have the coverages you need. If you are in the market for a homeowners insurance quote, give us a call at (877) 229-2244 or get a quote on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people