When calamities like these strike, homeowners insurance helps cover damage caused to your home, protects your assets and pays for many associated expenses.
Based on the exact coverage you choose, you could be covered for additional living expenses including hotel stay if your home is deemed unlivable.
Why Florida Peninsula is unmatched.
Loss of use
Yes. Inspections are conducted in an effort to identify any possible dangers or risks to the homeowners. Any issues detected will be communicated to the policyholder and agent to ensure the proper steps are taken to maximize the safety to the homeowner and their family. Florida Peninsula inspects 100% of the homes we insure. In the event an interior inspection is needed, a mutually agreeable time and date will be coordinated with the owner.
A little preparation goes a long way; and we want your coverage plan to fit your needs. Investing a little of your time making a list of possessions, staying abreast of local building costs, and remembering to meet with your agent annually to review your policy, can help you customize a policy that fits your needs. Here are a few things to consider when outlining your coverage plan:
- Have local building costs risen?
- Has your home been remodeled or expanded?
- Do you know what your insurance deductible is?
- Do you have money set aside to cover the deductible if you have a loss?
- Do you have an inventory of your possessions?
- Do you need additional coverage for assets like jewelry, art collections, fur coats or other expensive items?
- Do you need coverage for additional living expenses after a disaster?
- Do you need flood coverage in the event water rises into your home from a lake or storm surge?
- Do you require animal liability protection should your pet injure someone?
- Do you need an umbrella or excess liability policy?
Homeowners insurance is necessary when you have a mortgage lender, however, should the unthinkable occur, this coverage will provide you peace of mind and financial stability knowing you can rebuild.
Experts recommend you review your policy each time it comes up for renewal. Additionally, it’s a good idea to reevaluate your coverage as a result of the following situations:
- Following a home renovation
- When an occupant moves in or out
- After purchasing a high-end luxury item