Coverage D: Loss of Use

Loss of use coverage provides assistance should your home be declared unlivable.  With this coverage you may recoup the reasonable costs incurred for living outside of your home, such as rent, food, laundry, etc.
Florida Peninsula Insurance - Coverage D - Loss of Use

All About Loss of Use Coverage

In some scenarios, it is possible harsh storms, calamities or other incidents can cause enough damage to your home where it may require some or all of your home to be completely rebuilt. When these unfortunate circumstances happen, the home is no longer inhabitable and homeowners have to find a new place to stay with no time to prepare.

With the help of Coverage D, or loss of use coverage, Florida Peninsula covers the costs associated with helping homeowners remain on their feet while their home is being rebuilt.

Expenses that are typically covered under loss of use coverage of lodging, whether it’s staying in a hotel for a couple weeks or even renting an apartment for several months. Coverage D also covers smaller expenses that quickly add up such as buying groceries or ordering food for takeout.

What’s covered?

Coverage D can cover most common events, such as:
Fire or smoke
Water damage caused by burst pipes

How much Coverage D do I need?

Should your home be deemed unlivable/uninhabitable due to a covered loss, you will no doubt need Coverage D to find you and your family a place to stay until the home is repaired. In addition to covering the expenses of a hotel or apartment rental, Coverage D will also provide reasonable reimbursement for food and other expenses you will incur should you be displaced from your home. Coverage D defaults to 10% of Coverage A and cannot be excluded.

Coverage options for every possibility.

We understand that every customer is unique, so we offer many additional types of coverage for you to choose from.

We approach homeowner’s insurance from all angles.

At Florida Peninsula, we offer homeowners insurance policies with comprehensive coverages you can count on when you need it most.
Homeowner's Insurance - Coverage A - Dwelling Coverage

Dwelling coverage

Coverage for damage to your house and any permanent structures on your property.
Homeowner's Insurance - Coverage B - Other Structures

Other structures

Coverage for physical structures that are on your property and not attached to your home.
Florida Peninsula Insurance - Coverage C - Personal Property

Personal property

Coverage for your personal belongings like furniture, clothing, jewelry, and electronics.