Homeowners insurance is very important. It protects your home, what’s inside, and your other assets in the event of disasters, accidents, theft and more. Insurance varies from standard coverage to additional coverage that includes floods, earthquakes, etc. However, not everyone wants the same coverage for their home, apartment or condo.
Everyone has different needs and talking about the precautions and evaluations of those needs can help protect your family and make the most of your insurance coverage. Meet with your insurance agent every year to review your policy. They can help you find the best policy and coverage for your particular needs.
Here are some questions to keep in mind when looking for the right coverage for you:
- Has your home recently suffered damage due to storms, accidents or anything of the sort?
- Has your home been remodeled or expanded?
- Do you have money set aside to cover the deductible if you have a loss? (For most homes in Florida, the insurance deductible is 2 percent of the policy limits.)
- Do you have an inventory of your possessions?
- Do you have flood insurance?
For more food for thought on choosing the best coverage, click here.