As we are in the midst of the peak of Hurricane Season, it is important to understand what your homeowners insurance policy covers. You do not want to wait until the unexpected occurs to learn you may not have adequate coverage. As such, we would like to provide you with some information on Coverage D.

What is Coverage D?

Coverage D, or what is often referred to as “loss of use” or “additional living expenses” coverage provides coverage for the additional living expenses incurred, as a result of your home being deemed uninhabitable due to damage sustained from a covered peril. To learn more about Coverage D, please watch the video from Florida Peninsula’s Penny below.

What does “loss of use” coverage provide?

In the event you are displaced from your home due to a covered peril such as a windstorm or a fire, Coverage D will provide assistance for:

  • temporary residence
  • moving expenses
  • storage fees
  • transportation fees
  • other expenses associated with your family being temporarily displaced

Should the unexpected occur, and you are displaced from your home, Florida Peninsula stands ready to assist you. In the event you need to file a claim, you may do so online, or by calling 866-549-9672. If you have any questions about your homeowners coverage, please contact your local agent, or call us at 877-229-2244.