Thanksgiving Day is a day to enjoy great food surrounded by close family and friends. However, it can be one of the most dangerous days of the year if proper safety precautions are not in place. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Thanksgiving is the peak day for home cooking fires. Florida Peninsula Insurance Company’s number one priority is the safety of you and your family. As such, we would like to provide you with the following safety tips for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
- Unattended cooking is the number one cause of fires. An adult should always be in the kitchen while cooking your Thanksgiving meal.
- Keep children and pets away from the stove, hot foods, and liquids.
- Make sure your kitchen floor is clear of any tripping or slipping hazards.
- Cook your turkey and other hot meals to their correct temperatures.
- Consume or freeze leftovers within 3 to 4 days of your Thanksgiving meal.
We hope you have a happy and safe Thanksgiving Day with your loved ones. For more Thanksgiving safety tips, click here.
Thank you for visiting our blog. Florida Peninsula Insurance Company is one of Florida's top homeowners insurance companies. Our cutting-edge technology combined with old-fashioned values enables us to provide outstanding customer service and claims processing. To obtain a free homeowners insurance quote, please call (877) 229-2244 or get a free Florida homeowners insurance quote on our website.
Currently rated by 0 people