When it comes to living in Florida, many residents choose to purchase a condo instead of a house to live the “less – stress” tropical life of their dreams. If you’re looking to own a condo or currently own a condo in Florida, it’s important to be properly covered should disaster strike.
For condo owners, new buyers are typically required by mortgage lenders to purchase a condo insurance plan, even when the condo building already has their own master policy in place. This policy will protect the interior of your unit as well as your personal belongings. For those without a lender requirement, it is important to note due to the location of our state, one storm could easily affect a family financially and take years to recover, therefore having the proper coverage in place is highly recommended.
Just like a homeowners policy, Florida Peninsula offers condo insurance policies with comprehensive coverages you can count on when you need it most. Here is a basic coverage breakdown to help you understand the different types of coverages offered to find the right coverage to suit your needs.
- Coverage A - Dwelling — Pays for damage or destruction to main structure of your home.
- Coverage B - Other structures such as a garage, deck, unattached sheds, or swimming pool are covered under this section of your policy.
- Coverage C - Personal Property — Covers the contents of your house, including furniture, clothing, and appliances, if they are stolen, damaged, or destroyed.
- Coverage D - Loss of Use — Pays for additional living expenses if your home is deemed uninhabitable due to a covered loss.
- Coverage E - Liability — Protects you against financial loss if you are sued and found legally responsible for someone else's injury or property damage.
- Coverage F - Medical Payments — Covers medical bills for person(s) injured on your property.
Know what each portion of your policy covers and discuss with your agent which coverage limits are right for you.
Call Your Agent or Get a Quote Today
Contact your agent to see how you can get the right Condo Insurance coverage. Keeping your family and home safe and protected is Florida Peninsula Insurance Company’s top priority. We are one of Florida's largest homeowners insurance companies offering multi-peril policies covering homes, condos, and renters insurance. For more information, or to get a quote, please call 877-229-2244.