The holidays bring a wide variety of opportunities to make long-lasting memories with family and friends. From lighting candles to trimming the tree, here are some ways to keep your home and family safe from these common holiday hazards:
- Inspect your string lights each year before hanging them up to ensure there are no frayed cords or cracked bulbs.
- Keep ornaments and breakable decorations out of reach of children and pets.
- Use caution when using a ladder.
2. Fire Dangers
- Keep lit menorahs and candles away from flammable items.
- Always blow out candles before going to bed or leaving your home.
- Avoid connecting more than one extension cord.
- Water your tree often to avoid a fire.
- Do not overload extension cords.
- Read warnings and instruction labels when choosing toys.
- Stay informed on toy recalls.
- Purchase non-toxic art and crafts materials.
- Avoid toys with small parts or detachable pieces, as they pose a choking hazard.
We hope you take these tips into consideration to ensure a safe and wonderful holiday season. For more information on holiday safety, click here.
Keeping your family and home safe and protected is Florida Peninsula Insurance Company’s top priority. We are one of Florida's largest homeowners insurance companies offering multi-peril policies covering homes, condos, and renters insurance. For more information, or to get a quote, please call 877-229-2244.