The holidays bring a wide variety of opportunities to make long-lasting memories with family and friends. From lighting candles to trimming the tree, here are some ways to keep your home and family safe from these common holiday hazards:
- Inspect your string lights each year before hanging them up to ensure there are no frayed cords or cracked bulbs.
- Keep ornaments and breakable decorations out of reach of children and pets.
- Use caution when using a ladder.
2. Fire Dangers
- Keep lit menorahs and candles away from flammable items.
- Always blow out candles before going to bed or leaving your home.
- Avoid connecting more than one extension cord.
- Water your tree often to avoid a fire.
- Do not overload extension cords.
- Read warnings and instruction labels when choosing toys.
- Stay informed on toy recalls.
- Purchase non-toxic art and crafts materials.
- Avoid toys with small parts or detachable pieces, as they pose a choking hazard.
We hope you take these tips into consideration to ensure a safe and wonderful holiday season. For more information on holiday safety, click here.
Keeping your family and home safe and protected is Florida Peninsula Insurance Company’s top priority. We are one of Florida's largest homeowners insurance companies offering multi-peril policies covering homes, condos, and renters insurance. For more information, or to get a quote, please call 877-229-2244.
Other blog posts like this
We recently had severe flash floods in Southeast Florida; roads were closed, cars were flooded and stranded, and property was damaged. It's a matter of time before water will find its way into your home, and lay waste to your valuable possessions. Learn more about flood insurance and what it covers in this post by our Cheif Legal Officer Stacey Giulianti.
April 14, 2023
We all love our furry friends and over time they become a part of the family. But we can’t forget our pets are still animals who sometimes cannot control their behavior. The American Veterinary Medical Association states there are nearly 85 million dogs living in U.S. households. About 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year, most of them are children. To protect your pet and those around them, you should consider obtaining animal liability coverage.
April 1, 2023
Amid events and travel, follow some of our tips to keep the holidays safe and fun.
December 1, 2022